Wednesday, March 25, 2009

100 Great Southern Foods


Here's one of those lists of places to eat great Southern food. I've only been to four (or five) of the places mentioned, but considering the wide geographic area they cover, I think that's pretty good.

Here are the places on the list I've been to:
  • Nu-Way Hot Wieners, Macon
  • Harolds Barbeque - Atlanta
  • Mary Mac's Tea Room - Atlanta
  • The Varsity - Atlanta
  • And if you count all the Waffle Houses that I've eaten at (but not the original in Avondale Estates) I think that should count, too.
In fact, I actually had a Fried Peach Pie at the Varsity today. Here's what the author said about that delicacy:
"I speak fluent Varsity, which means I know the difference between a naked steak and a glorified steak. And I know that the sleeper eat at this drive-in on steroids is the fried peach pie, a pillow of dough encasing a cobbler of goodness."
I can think of plenty of others that should have made the list. Here's the link

Thanks Capn' Craig


No comments:

Post a Comment